Farmers to get loans to the tune of Rs 72,000 crore: AP CM
Hyderabad: The Congress government in Andhra Pradesh plans to disburse loans to the tune of Rs 72,000 crore to farmers this year, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said on Monday.
Speaking at a farmers` meeting at Bodhan in Nizamabad district, he said that the government has also enhanced its budget for agri-related sectors from Rs 900 crore to Rs 5,500 crore.
Claiming that it is the Congress which always stood by farmers, Reddy said the UPA government had waived farmers` loans to the tune of Rs 63,000 crore.
The government is also trying to get national status for Polavaram and Pranahita-Chevella irrigation projects in the state, Reddy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?