Farmers to get loans to the tune of Rs 72,000 crore: AP CM
Hyderabad: The Congress government in Andhra Pradesh plans to disburse loans to the tune of Rs 72,000 crore to farmers this year, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said on Monday.
Speaking at a farmers` meeting at Bodhan in Nizamabad district, he said that the government has also enhanced its budget for agri-related sectors from Rs 900 crore to Rs 5,500 crore.
Claiming that it is the Congress which always stood by farmers, Reddy said the UPA government had waived farmers` loans to the tune of Rs 63,000 crore.
The government is also trying to get national status for Polavaram and Pranahita-Chevella irrigation projects in the state, Reddy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan