Fasting wife of Andhra minister shifted to hospital
Hyderabad: Wife of an Andhra Pradesh minister, who was on fast for last six days in Kakinada town opposing state`s bifurcation, was forcibly shifted to a hospital by the police in the early hours of Friday.
Thota Vani, wife of Stamps and Registration Minister Thota Narasimham, was bodily lifted by police women and taken to government hospital.
She was on fast for last six days at Kakinada in East Godavari district to demand the centre to reverse its decision to carve out separate Telangana state. With her condition showing deterioration, police forcibly shifted her to hospital.
Digvijaya Singh, Congress general secretary incharge of party affairs in the state, Thursday spoke to Vani and urged her to call off the hunger strike. Thota Narasimham is one of the eight ministers from Seemandhra who have already submitted their resignations to protest state`s division.
Meanwhile, the indefinite fast by YSR Congress party legislator Srikant Reddy and former Kadapa mayor Ravindernath Reddy at Kadapa entered the fifth day Friday. Doctors said their blood sugar and sodium levels had come down and if they continued their fast, their condition may deteriorate.
Two other legislators of YSR Congress are also continuing their fast for the second day Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured