FB post: PUCL leader remanded in judicial custody
Hyderabad: A local court in Andhra Pradesh has remanded state general secretary of People`s Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) to 12-day judicial custody for allegedly posting "objectionable" comments on her Facebook account against Tamil Nadu Governor and a Congress MLA.
Jaya Vindhayala was apprehended by Prakasham district police from Padmarao Nagar here yesterday under section 66A of the Information Technology (IT) Act for the "objectionable" Facebook post on Tamil Nadu Governor K Rosaiah and Chirala MLA Amanchi Krishna Mohan.
She was produced before Prakasham district magistrate at his residence last evening who remanded her to 12-day judicial custody, police said today.
"Jaya Vindhayala has been shifted to the district prison", Prakasam SP K Raghuram Reddy said.
He informed that the court is hearing the bail application moved by Vindhayala`s counsel today.
Meanwhile, police have sent a requisition to the security wing of Facebook, seeking to remove the "objectionable and defamatory" post from the public domain, Reddy said.
Police said a case was registered in this regard on April 18 following a complaint by the Chirala MLA and during the course of investigation it was found that Vindhayala had posted the "objectionable" comments.
Jaya Vindhayala had allegedly distributed pamphlets making objectionable allegations against Rosaiah and Krishna Mohan earlier in Chirala town in Prakasam district before posting the comments online, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog