FDI in retail dangerous for farmers: Naidu
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah
Naidu on Saturday said that allowing Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
in multi-brand retail would adversely affect the interests of
crores of small and marginal farmers in the country.
"Such a move by the Centre would be the most dangerous
and suicidal for small and marginal farmers which would also
have impact on food security," Naidu told reporters here.
The party would oppose tooth and nail any move of the
Government of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail which
would affect thousands of traders in the sector, he said.
State BJP president G Kishan Reddy and official
spokesperson NVSS Prabhakar were also present at the press
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter