FDI in retail dangerous for farmers: Naidu
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah
Naidu on Saturday said that allowing Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
in multi-brand retail would adversely affect the interests of
crores of small and marginal farmers in the country.
"Such a move by the Centre would be the most dangerous
and suicidal for small and marginal farmers which would also
have impact on food security," Naidu told reporters here.
The party would oppose tooth and nail any move of the
Government of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail which
would affect thousands of traders in the sector, he said.
State BJP president G Kishan Reddy and official
spokesperson NVSS Prabhakar were also present at the press
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off