FDI in retail dangerous for farmers: Naidu
Hyderabad: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah
Naidu on Saturday said that allowing Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
in multi-brand retail would adversely affect the interests of
crores of small and marginal farmers in the country.
"Such a move by the Centre would be the most dangerous
and suicidal for small and marginal farmers which would also
have impact on food security," Naidu told reporters here.
The party would oppose tooth and nail any move of the
Government of allowing FDI in multi-brand retail which
would affect thousands of traders in the sector, he said.
State BJP president G Kishan Reddy and official
spokesperson NVSS Prabhakar were also present at the press
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan