Fearing conspiracy, Jagan writes to PM
Hyderabad: The beleaguered Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has now knocked at the Prime Minister’s door seeking his intervention to save him from an alleged conspiracy by the Congress in collusion with the Telugu Desam Party and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
In a letter addressed to Dr Manmohan Singh, the YSR Congress president has alleged that Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan is also involved in the conspiracy to arrest him in conection with disproportionate assets case so as to delay the June 12 by-elections in the state.
The young Kadapa MP has accused the CBI of attempting to implicate him in the (disproportionate assets) case "from the beginning."
"I sincerely request you to use your good offices and get to the bottom of the undemocratic and shameful conspiracy and prevent it," Jagan said in the letter to the Prime Minister
The CBI alleges that Jagan was able to build his colossal empire worth Rs 365 crores because of his father’s position as chief minister that helped him to pressure companies to invest in his firms.
However, Jagan refutes such charges and alleges that the Centre has misused CBI against him in the assets case.
He slammed the Opposition after the CBI moved to freeze accounts of his companies. He alleged that the move was an attempt to politically stifle him ahead of the by-elections in the state. He also questioned the CBI`s action against his companies.
Jagan quit the Congress last year after a 14-month long rebellion that began when his father, YSR Reddy, died in a helicopter crash.
The conflict began when the party`s central leadership did not pick Jagan to replace him. Since then, Jagan fell out with the Congress. He has since formed his own party, the YSR Congress.
For the last two years, he has conducted his Odarpu Yatra, a tour that has allowed him to visit thousands of homes who said they were in mourning for his father. The road-show has led to a mass connect that most politicians can only dream of.
With PTI Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai