Fearing molestation, Hyderabad techie jumps from auto
Hyderabad: A 22-year-old software engineer was injured when she jumped out of a moving autorickshaw here after a man tried to molest her, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place Tuesday night in Hitec City. The woman suffered head injuries.
The woman told her friends that she boarded a sharing autorickshaw after visiting a beauty parlour and was returning home.
As other passengers got off at their destinations, a man seated with her allegedly tried to hold her while the autorickshaw driver diverted the vehicle. She then panicked and jumped out of the auto.
Hailing from Goa, the woman worked at a software firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video