Fearing molestation, Hyderabad techie jumps from auto
Hyderabad: A 22-year-old software engineer was injured when she jumped out of a moving autorickshaw here after a man tried to molest her, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place Tuesday night in Hitec City. The woman suffered head injuries.
The woman told her friends that she boarded a sharing autorickshaw after visiting a beauty parlour and was returning home.
As other passengers got off at their destinations, a man seated with her allegedly tried to hold her while the autorickshaw driver diverted the vehicle. She then panicked and jumped out of the auto.
Hailing from Goa, the woman worked at a software firm.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar's bail may be cancelled by Delhi High Court - Know why
- Prashant Bhushan takes dig at Smriti Irani, says 'Will HRD be renamed Hindu Rashtra Development Ministry?'
- Japan gives up on failed black hole research satellite
- Notice issued to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra over her land deal in Shimla
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer