Fearing molestation, Hyderabad techie jumps from auto
Hyderabad: A 22-year-old software engineer was injured when she jumped out of a moving autorickshaw here after a man tried to molest her, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place Tuesday night in Hitec City. The woman suffered head injuries.
The woman told her friends that she boarded a sharing autorickshaw after visiting a beauty parlour and was returning home.
As other passengers got off at their destinations, a man seated with her allegedly tried to hold her while the autorickshaw driver diverted the vehicle. She then panicked and jumped out of the auto.
Hailing from Goa, the woman worked at a software firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!