Fearing molestation, Hyderabad techie jumps from auto
Hyderabad: A 22-year-old software engineer was injured when she jumped out of a moving autorickshaw here after a man tried to molest her, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place Tuesday night in Hitec City. The woman suffered head injuries.
The woman told her friends that she boarded a sharing autorickshaw after visiting a beauty parlour and was returning home.
As other passengers got off at their destinations, a man seated with her allegedly tried to hold her while the autorickshaw driver diverted the vehicle. She then panicked and jumped out of the auto.
Hailing from Goa, the woman worked at a software firm.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India