Fifty probationary sub-inspectors of Excise Dept hospitalised
Hyderabad: As many as 50 excise probationary sub-inspectors were on Sunday admitted to a government hospital in Nallakunta here after they complained of throat infection besides fever and body-pain, officials said.
The probationers, who are from Excise Academy from Bandalaguda, were now undergoing treatment at the Sir Ronald Ross Institute for Tropical and Communicable Diseases (popularly known as Fever Hospital) and their condition is stable, they said adding that it seems to be an air-borne infection or might have spread through cough.
"All of them were diagnosed with suspected diphtheria. However, it has been ruled out," Fever Hospital Superintendent Dr K Shanker told PTI.
"All the probationers complained of throat infection and also body pain. Few of them were having bleeding in their throat and fever also. They have been examined and blood tests were also done, and all of them were given anti-bodies. There are no serious complications," the senior doctor said.
All of them have been kept in isolation in the hospital, he said.
Doctors also conducted throat swab test in order to determine if the patients were suffering from any other infection, he said adding that the report of these tests would be known in the next 24-48 hours.
Excise Commissioner Sameer Sharma visited the hospital and enquired about the health condition of the probationers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!