`File case against those who invested in Jagan cos
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh High Court on Wednesday
directed CBI to register a case against all the investors who
invested in the companies promoted by former Congress leader Y
S Jaganmohan Reddy to find out whether those investments were
made in order to get favours from the state government.
Based on a petition filed by P Shankar Rao, state
Textile Minister,and Yerram Naidu of Telugu Desam Party, the
court ordered a full-fledged inquiry into the allegations of
investments made into Jagathi media owned by Jagan.
The bench headed by Chief justice Nisar Ahmad Kakru said
the phenomenal growth recorded by Jagathi publications owned
by Jagan Reddy and others, which were directly under the
control of the son of former chief minister Y S Rajasekhara
Reddy, needs to be looked into in view of their "abnormal"
The bench also said CBI with its corporate wing is very
well equipped to find out the "irregularities" committed by
The bench said the CBI inquiry should cover not only the
purpose stated in the writ petitions but also others who have
a direct or indirect participation in the "irregularities".
The High Court also directed CBI to inquire into the
alleged irregularities of Emaar properties in land dealings in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you