Film producer goes missing
Kakinada: A film producer and hotelier Akkineni Ravi Shankara Prasad has gone missing from Yanam, police said on Wednesday.
According to police, Prasad had come to the Anand Regency hotel in Yanam on Sunday and went for jogging on Monday morning.
However, after that he has been untraceable and his phone was switched off, police said.
Since Prasad did not return to the hotel, its manager filed a missing person`s report with Yanam police.
Prasad is the chairman of the Anand Regency group of hotels.
Prasad`s brothers Manohara and Kiran met East Godavari SP Siva Sankara Reddy today and requested for his assistance in tracking his whereabouts.
"We have alerted all the police stations in the region. We are investigating the case in all angles and assured the Yanam police to extend all the assistance in tracking the whereabouts of the missing film producer," Sivasankara Reddy said.
Prasad has produced a few films in the south, including `Shankar Dada MBBS`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate