Film producer goes missing
Kakinada: A film producer and hotelier Akkineni Ravi Shankara Prasad has gone missing from Yanam, police said on Wednesday.
According to police, Prasad had come to the Anand Regency hotel in Yanam on Sunday and went for jogging on Monday morning.
However, after that he has been untraceable and his phone was switched off, police said.
Since Prasad did not return to the hotel, its manager filed a missing person`s report with Yanam police.
Prasad is the chairman of the Anand Regency group of hotels.
Prasad`s brothers Manohara and Kiran met East Godavari SP Siva Sankara Reddy today and requested for his assistance in tracking his whereabouts.
"We have alerted all the police stations in the region. We are investigating the case in all angles and assured the Yanam police to extend all the assistance in tracking the whereabouts of the missing film producer," Sivasankara Reddy said.
Prasad has produced a few films in the south, including `Shankar Dada MBBS`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption