Film producer goes missing
Kakinada: A film producer and hotelier Akkineni Ravi Shankara Prasad has gone missing from Yanam, police said on Wednesday.
According to police, Prasad had come to the Anand Regency hotel in Yanam on Sunday and went for jogging on Monday morning.
However, after that he has been untraceable and his phone was switched off, police said.
Since Prasad did not return to the hotel, its manager filed a missing person`s report with Yanam police.
Prasad is the chairman of the Anand Regency group of hotels.
Prasad`s brothers Manohara and Kiran met East Godavari SP Siva Sankara Reddy today and requested for his assistance in tracking his whereabouts.
"We have alerted all the police stations in the region. We are investigating the case in all angles and assured the Yanam police to extend all the assistance in tracking the whereabouts of the missing film producer," Sivasankara Reddy said.
Prasad has produced a few films in the south, including `Shankar Dada MBBS`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers