Film producer goes missing
Kakinada: A film producer and hotelier Akkineni Ravi Shankara Prasad has gone missing from Yanam, police said on Wednesday.
According to police, Prasad had come to the Anand Regency hotel in Yanam on Sunday and went for jogging on Monday morning.
However, after that he has been untraceable and his phone was switched off, police said.
Since Prasad did not return to the hotel, its manager filed a missing person`s report with Yanam police.
Prasad is the chairman of the Anand Regency group of hotels.
Prasad`s brothers Manohara and Kiran met East Godavari SP Siva Sankara Reddy today and requested for his assistance in tracking his whereabouts.
"We have alerted all the police stations in the region. We are investigating the case in all angles and assured the Yanam police to extend all the assistance in tracking the whereabouts of the missing film producer," Sivasankara Reddy said.
Prasad has produced a few films in the south, including `Shankar Dada MBBS`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September