FIR against Jagan: Rebel MLAs to meet Guv, Speaker
Hyderabad: Legislators, who quit in support
of Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, would meet Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker and Governor on Monday to urge them to accept
"The MLAs would meet Speaker and also Governor. We will
tell the Governor about the attempts to defame late YS
Rajasekhara Reddy in the FIR (of CBI over its probe into cases
related to Jagan). Though the Governor is not concerned with
resignations, we would like to tell him about it," rebel
Congress MLA P Subhash Chandra Bose, who too has submitted his resignation, told reporters after a meeting with Jagan here.
Twenty-six MLAs, including two from TDP and one from
erstwhile Praja Rajyam, had resigned from their posts in
protest against the alleged inclusion of Rajasekhara Reddy`s
name in the CBI`s FIR.
Asserting that there is no threat to its government with
the resignation of MLAs, the ruling Congress had said there
was no need to persuade them to take back their resignations.
Alleging that the action of MLAs in support of Jagan
amounted to supporting corruption, state Congress president
Botsa Satyanarayana had asked the legislators to get their
Meanwhile, Jagan is likely to go to Delhi tomorrow.
He is likely to meet leaders of different parties to tell
them about the "politically-motivated" CBI probe into the
corruption cases, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police