FIR against Jaganmohan Reddy for disrespecting national anthem
Hyderabad: The Cyberabad Police here have registered an FIR against YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy for allegedly disrespecting the national anthem.
Based on a private complaint lodged by one advocate Janardhan Goud, a local court had earlier issued directions to the Saroornagar Police to investigate the matter.
After the investigation, a case was recently registered against Jaganmohan under relevant sections of the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, a police officer said today.
The complainant had earlier accused Jaganmohan of insulting the national anthem by not properly singing it at one of the Samaikyandhra (United Andhra Pradesh) meetings held recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information