FIR against Jaganmohan Reddy for disrespecting national anthem
Hyderabad: The Cyberabad Police here have registered an FIR against YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy for allegedly disrespecting the national anthem.
Based on a private complaint lodged by one advocate Janardhan Goud, a local court had earlier issued directions to the Saroornagar Police to investigate the matter.
After the investigation, a case was recently registered against Jaganmohan under relevant sections of the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, a police officer said today.
The complainant had earlier accused Jaganmohan of insulting the national anthem by not properly singing it at one of the Samaikyandhra (United Andhra Pradesh) meetings held recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed