FIR against Jaganmohan Reddy for disrespecting national anthem
Hyderabad: The Cyberabad Police here have registered an FIR against YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy for allegedly disrespecting the national anthem.
Based on a private complaint lodged by one advocate Janardhan Goud, a local court had earlier issued directions to the Saroornagar Police to investigate the matter.
After the investigation, a case was recently registered against Jaganmohan under relevant sections of the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act, a police officer said today.
The complainant had earlier accused Jaganmohan of insulting the national anthem by not properly singing it at one of the Samaikyandhra (United Andhra Pradesh) meetings held recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan