FIR against Rosaiah, 14 others in land de-notification case
Hyderabad: The Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB)
of Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday registered a case against former Chief
Minister K Rosaiah and 14 others in a land de-notification
case, following a court directive.
An FIR was registered against Rosaiah and 14 others under
relevant sections of Prevention of Corruption Act and under
Section 406 (criminal breach of trust) and 409 (criminal
breach of trust by public servant, or by banker) of the IPC, a
senior ACB official told PTI.
The Andhra Pradesh High Court last month had permitted
the ACB to register and investigate a case against Rosaiah and
others after an advocate, Mohanlal, filed a petition alleging
that the former chief minister and some officials illegally
issued a GO regularising occupation of nine acres of prime
land in Ameerpet area here.
However, Justice Raja Elango had directed the ACB not to
make any arrests.
In December last year, Special Court for ACB cases, after
hearing Mohanlal`s petition directed the ACB to enquire and
submit a report on the issue before January 28.
When the ACB court referred the matter to the
investigating agency, some of the accused approached the High
Court, which had granted an interim stay. But, following
Mohanlal`s petition, Justice Elango vacated the interim stay
and said the ACB could register the case, investigate and
file a report before the ACB court.
According to Mohanlal, the land was bought by G N Naidu
and 14 others from the land owners in 1997 after the land
acquisition notification was issued.
However in 2010, following representation from Naidu, the
state government withdrew the notification and handed over the
land to private parties in an unlawful manner, he had alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA