FIR against TRS MLA for assaulting govt official
New Delhi: A case has been registered against Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leader Harish Rao a day after he assaulted an employee in Andhra Pradesh Bhavan for refusing to let inside the dead body of man, who had committed suicide over the Telanagana statehood crisis.
The case has been registered in the Tilak Marg Police Station against the TRS legislator.
As per report, TRS party chief K Chandrashekhar Rao`s nephew Harish Rao along with other party leaders like KT Rama Rao, Etela Rajender and former MP B Vinod Kumar went to Andhra Bhavan yesterday to keep the body of M Yadi Reddy, who hanged himself from a tree at India Gate on Wednesday.
The TRS members wanted to pay floral tributes to Yadi Reddy and bring his body to the guest house from the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, where the autopsy was done. However, the Bhavan officials did not allow the body to be brought inside the premises.
Harish Rao, along with others, then barged into the resident commissioner`s office and abused him for not allowing Reddy`s body inside.
In the full glare of media, Harish Rao went a step ahead and slapped a Bhavan official who said he had acted only as per the direction of the Andhra Pradesh resident commissioner.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- Kerala CM Chandy files defamation case against Achuthanandan
- Earthquake rocks southwest France, no casualties reported
- West Bengal polls fifth phase to decide fate of four Narada 'stung' Trinamool biggies
- Campaigning ends for Bengal polls fifth phase
- Turkish scribes get two years jail for publishing Prophet cartoon