FIR against TRS MLA for assaulting govt official
New Delhi: A case has been registered against Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) leader Harish Rao a day after he assaulted an employee in Andhra Pradesh Bhavan for refusing to let inside the dead body of man, who had committed suicide over the Telanagana statehood crisis.
The case has been registered in the Tilak Marg Police Station against the TRS legislator.
As per report, TRS party chief K Chandrashekhar Rao`s nephew Harish Rao along with other party leaders like KT Rama Rao, Etela Rajender and former MP B Vinod Kumar went to Andhra Bhavan yesterday to keep the body of M Yadi Reddy, who hanged himself from a tree at India Gate on Wednesday.
The TRS members wanted to pay floral tributes to Yadi Reddy and bring his body to the guest house from the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, where the autopsy was done. However, the Bhavan officials did not allow the body to be brought inside the premises.
Harish Rao, along with others, then barged into the resident commissioner`s office and abused him for not allowing Reddy`s body inside.
In the full glare of media, Harish Rao went a step ahead and slapped a Bhavan official who said he had acted only as per the direction of the Andhra Pradesh resident commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls