Tirupati: A fire broke out at the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple complex early on Friday.
The blaze erupted at the temple kitchen where the famous Tirupati ladoos are prepared. As soon as the fire was noticed, the fire department rushed three fire tenders to the spot and began work on a war footing to douse it.
Latest reports suggest that the fire has been brought under control.
As per the initial assessment, the fire occurred due to overheating. Some other reports claimed a short circuit as the reason behind the mishap.
No causalities were reported even as the financial loss due to the incident has been pegged at Rs 20 lakh.