First-ever special agriculture Budget to be presented in AP on Monday
Hyderabad: The first-ever exclusive agriculture Budget in Andhra Pradesh, in addition to the general Budget, would be presented in the Assembly on Monday.
State Agriculture Minister Kanna Laxminarayana would present the agri Budget soon after the general Budget is read out by Finance Minister A Ramanarayana Reddy.
The farm sector budget would cover allocations for agriculture and eight allied sectors including horticulture, animal husbandry, fisheries, marketing, cooperatives, sugar, water supply and food processing.
According to Laxminarayana, the special agriculture budget would herald a new era in the state`s agri sector.
It would ensure better coordination among officials of various departments and instil confidence among agriculturists with various steps for their benefits, he said.
A massive exercise preceded the presentation of the agriculture Budget.
As per the idea of Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, a team led by Laxminarayana visited neighbouring Karnataka and studied the concept of agriculture Budget being made there.
Maintaining that mere presentation of special agri budget would not suffice, the state government has decided to appoint a committee of ministers to monitor how the money is being spent, officials said.
The panel would meet once in every three months. Separately, a committee of officials, headed by Chief Secretary, would meet once in a month and supervise the release of funds for agriculture and allied sectors.
Special committees would also be appointed at the district-level. The government is of the view that better coordination among officials of various departments would substantially reduce the problems being faced by farmers.
Moreover, the new mechanism would also help the government intervene in agriculture at the right time for the benefit of farmers, the officials pointed out.
The special Budget would put more focus on agriculture and its allied sectors and lead to holistic growth, they added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory