First-ever special agriculture Budget to be presented in AP on Monday
Hyderabad: The first-ever exclusive agriculture Budget in Andhra Pradesh, in addition to the general Budget, would be presented in the Assembly on Monday.
State Agriculture Minister Kanna Laxminarayana would present the agri Budget soon after the general Budget is read out by Finance Minister A Ramanarayana Reddy.
The farm sector budget would cover allocations for agriculture and eight allied sectors including horticulture, animal husbandry, fisheries, marketing, cooperatives, sugar, water supply and food processing.
According to Laxminarayana, the special agriculture budget would herald a new era in the state`s agri sector.
It would ensure better coordination among officials of various departments and instil confidence among agriculturists with various steps for their benefits, he said.
A massive exercise preceded the presentation of the agriculture Budget.
As per the idea of Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, a team led by Laxminarayana visited neighbouring Karnataka and studied the concept of agriculture Budget being made there.
Maintaining that mere presentation of special agri budget would not suffice, the state government has decided to appoint a committee of ministers to monitor how the money is being spent, officials said.
The panel would meet once in every three months. Separately, a committee of officials, headed by Chief Secretary, would meet once in a month and supervise the release of funds for agriculture and allied sectors.
Special committees would also be appointed at the district-level. The government is of the view that better coordination among officials of various departments would substantially reduce the problems being faced by farmers.
Moreover, the new mechanism would also help the government intervene in agriculture at the right time for the benefit of farmers, the officials pointed out.
The special Budget would put more focus on agriculture and its allied sectors and lead to holistic growth, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video