First swine flu death in Vizag
Visakhaptnam: A 23-year-old pregnant woman succumbed to swine flu at government hospital here, officials said on Monday.
District Nodal Officer (Swine Flu) LBSH Devi said that the woman was undergoing treatment for H1N1 infection at the Government Hospital for Chest and Communicable Diseases where she died last night.
The victim fist got admitted in a private hospital few
days ago and was later tested positive for H1N1.
Laxmi said that a 30-year-old man was also tested
positive for swine flu. However, he was discharged last week
She also said that three cases whose samples had been
sent to Mumbai for investigation are found to be negative to
In 2009, five persons had died of swine flu out of 29
cases reported in the district, while in 2010, four deaths
were reported. There was no casualty due to swine flu in the
district in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption