First swine flu death in Vizag
Visakhaptnam: A 23-year-old pregnant woman succumbed to swine flu at government hospital here, officials said on Monday.
District Nodal Officer (Swine Flu) LBSH Devi said that the woman was undergoing treatment for H1N1 infection at the Government Hospital for Chest and Communicable Diseases where she died last night.
The victim fist got admitted in a private hospital few
days ago and was later tested positive for H1N1.
Laxmi said that a 30-year-old man was also tested
positive for swine flu. However, he was discharged last week
She also said that three cases whose samples had been
sent to Mumbai for investigation are found to be negative to
In 2009, five persons had died of swine flu out of 29
cases reported in the district, while in 2010, four deaths
were reported. There was no casualty due to swine flu in the
district in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!