Five arrested for human trafficking
Rajahmundry: Five members of a gang were arrested for alleged human trafficking in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said Sunday.
Five persons were arrested at Satya Sri Road near Malleswara rice mills when they were found moving under suspicious circumstances last evening, Mandapeta circle inspector P V Ramana said.
Police first intercepted one person and on being questioned, he admitted his involvement in trafficking women for prostitution. Based on the leads provided by him, four others were also nabbed from the area.
The five accused have been identified as - P Krishna, M Nagaraju, Durga Prasad, M Radhakrishna and Ramana.
Police also recovered Rs 4,800 cash and seized their mobile phones.
Efforts were being made to arrest the main accused and kingpin of the gang from Hyderabad, police said adding that further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter