Five arrested for human trafficking
Rajahmundry: Five members of a gang were arrested for alleged human trafficking in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said Sunday.
Five persons were arrested at Satya Sri Road near Malleswara rice mills when they were found moving under suspicious circumstances last evening, Mandapeta circle inspector P V Ramana said.
Police first intercepted one person and on being questioned, he admitted his involvement in trafficking women for prostitution. Based on the leads provided by him, four others were also nabbed from the area.
The five accused have been identified as - P Krishna, M Nagaraju, Durga Prasad, M Radhakrishna and Ramana.
Police also recovered Rs 4,800 cash and seized their mobile phones.
Efforts were being made to arrest the main accused and kingpin of the gang from Hyderabad, police said adding that further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB