Five arrested for human trafficking
Rajahmundry: Five members of a gang were arrested for alleged human trafficking in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said Sunday.
Five persons were arrested at Satya Sri Road near Malleswara rice mills when they were found moving under suspicious circumstances last evening, Mandapeta circle inspector P V Ramana said.
Police first intercepted one person and on being questioned, he admitted his involvement in trafficking women for prostitution. Based on the leads provided by him, four others were also nabbed from the area.
The five accused have been identified as - P Krishna, M Nagaraju, Durga Prasad, M Radhakrishna and Ramana.
Police also recovered Rs 4,800 cash and seized their mobile phones.
Efforts were being made to arrest the main accused and kingpin of the gang from Hyderabad, police said adding that further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof