Five held for betting on IPL match in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A total of five persons were arrested in separate raids for allegedly betting on an IPL T-20 cricket match, police said on Saturday.
Police seized six mobile phones, a line box that could connect to 25 mobile phones at a time and Rs 70,000 in cash from their possession after conducting raids at KPHB Colony and Thumkunta near Alwal on Friday, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) G Sudhir Babu.
He said the accused were betting on the IPL game played between Delhi Daredevils and Royal Challengers Bangalore on Friday.
The raids were carried out jointly by the West Zone special police team and Jubilee Hills police, the DCP said, adding the accused were using mobile phones for carrying out the transactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD
- Mehbooba Mufti's Burhan Wani bombshell - WATCH what exactly she said
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside