Five held for betting on IPL match in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A total of five persons were arrested in separate raids for allegedly betting on an IPL T-20 cricket match, police said on Saturday.
Police seized six mobile phones, a line box that could connect to 25 mobile phones at a time and Rs 70,000 in cash from their possession after conducting raids at KPHB Colony and Thumkunta near Alwal on Friday, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) G Sudhir Babu.
He said the accused were betting on the IPL game played between Delhi Daredevils and Royal Challengers Bangalore on Friday.
The raids were carried out jointly by the West Zone special police team and Jubilee Hills police, the DCP said, adding the accused were using mobile phones for carrying out the transactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday