Five held for betting on IPL match in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A total of five persons were arrested in separate raids for allegedly betting on an IPL T-20 cricket match, police said on Saturday.
Police seized six mobile phones, a line box that could connect to 25 mobile phones at a time and Rs 70,000 in cash from their possession after conducting raids at KPHB Colony and Thumkunta near Alwal on Friday, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) G Sudhir Babu.
He said the accused were betting on the IPL game played between Delhi Daredevils and Royal Challengers Bangalore on Friday.
The raids were carried out jointly by the West Zone special police team and Jubilee Hills police, the DCP said, adding the accused were using mobile phones for carrying out the transactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth