Five held for betting on IPL match in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A total of five persons were arrested in separate raids for allegedly betting on an IPL T-20 cricket match, police said on Saturday.
Police seized six mobile phones, a line box that could connect to 25 mobile phones at a time and Rs 70,000 in cash from their possession after conducting raids at KPHB Colony and Thumkunta near Alwal on Friday, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) G Sudhir Babu.
He said the accused were betting on the IPL game played between Delhi Daredevils and Royal Challengers Bangalore on Friday.
The raids were carried out jointly by the West Zone special police team and Jubilee Hills police, the DCP said, adding the accused were using mobile phones for carrying out the transactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report