Five held for betting on IPL match in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: A total of five persons were arrested in separate raids for allegedly betting on an IPL T-20 cricket match, police said on Saturday.
Police seized six mobile phones, a line box that could connect to 25 mobile phones at a time and Rs 70,000 in cash from their possession after conducting raids at KPHB Colony and Thumkunta near Alwal on Friday, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) G Sudhir Babu.
He said the accused were betting on the IPL game played between Delhi Daredevils and Royal Challengers Bangalore on Friday.
The raids were carried out jointly by the West Zone special police team and Jubilee Hills police, the DCP said, adding the accused were using mobile phones for carrying out the transactions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery