Five held for killing a tiger in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Five persons were on Friday arrested for allegedly killing a tiger in Nagarjunasagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve near Mannanur in Andhra Pradesh`s Mahabubnagar district.
Police also recovered its claws from them.
"The wild animal had killed a cow in Mannanur village, after which the carcass of the cow was laced with a poison, allegedly by a shepherd, G Lacha," a senior police officer said.
After consuming the poisoned carcass, the tiger died about two km away from Mannanur on January 16, he said.
Other accused, including Hari Singh and Jyotha Nayak, then stole the tiger`s claws and its whiskers, police said.
"The five persons were arrested during the course of investigation in connection with the case and recovered 17 claws and whiskers from them," the officer said.
According to police, the accused were booked under relevant sections of the Wildlife Protection Act and IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof