Five infants die mysteriously in Vijayawada hospital
Vijaywada: Five newborn babies died under mysterious circumstances in the infants` ward of a hospital here, triggering protest by parents who alleged their children died due to failure of incubators.
Krishna district collector Peeyush Kumar has ordered an inquiry to find out whether failure of the incubators led to the deaths.
Doctors at the old government general hospital claimed that three of the babies died a natural death Nine newborn babies are currently in incubators and condition of one of them is said to be critical.
Tension prevailed at the hospital as irate parents sat on dharna, alleging that their children died due to negligence of the doctors.
The Resident Medical Officer of the hospital P Ramagopal said they were inquiring into the actual cause of the death of the babies.
Telugu Desam Party MLA Devineni Umamaheswara Rao visited the hospital and blamed the doctors for the deaths. Local MLA Malladi Vishnu of the Congress too visited the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway