Five infants die mysteriously in Vijayawada hospital
Vijaywada: Five newborn babies died under mysterious circumstances in the infants` ward of a hospital here, triggering protest by parents who alleged their children died due to failure of incubators.
Krishna district collector Peeyush Kumar has ordered an inquiry to find out whether failure of the incubators led to the deaths.
Doctors at the old government general hospital claimed that three of the babies died a natural death Nine newborn babies are currently in incubators and condition of one of them is said to be critical.
Tension prevailed at the hospital as irate parents sat on dharna, alleging that their children died due to negligence of the doctors.
The Resident Medical Officer of the hospital P Ramagopal said they were inquiring into the actual cause of the death of the babies.
Telugu Desam Party MLA Devineni Umamaheswara Rao visited the hospital and blamed the doctors for the deaths. Local MLA Malladi Vishnu of the Congress too visited the hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India