Five killed in Hyderabad road accident
Hyderabad: Five people were killed and four were injured when a car hit a stationary truck on the Outer Ring Road on the outskirts of Hyderabad Friday morning, police said.
The dead include four women. The injured were shifted to Osmania Hospital and their condition is stated to be critical.
The accident took place at Tukkuguda in Ranga Reddy district when the car collided with a truck parked on the Outer Ring Road. According to police, the victims were from Maharashtra. The bodies have not have been identified.
Police suspect that dense fog in the area might have led to the collision.
The Outer Ring Road, an eight-lane expressway, is an accident prone zone. One person was killed in a collision between two trucks and Telugu film actor Ali`s brother Kayum was injured when a truck hit his car in the same area two days ago.
The accidents on the Outer Ring Road during last two years have claimed many lives, including son and nephew of former Indian cricket captain Mohammed Azharuddin, son of former state minister K. Venkat Reddy and son of veteran Telugu actor Kota Srinivasa Rao.
Though the upper speed limit on the expressway is 120 km, many a times vehicles were found to be violating this.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed