Five militia members of CPI-M arrested in AP
Visakhapatnam: Five armed militia members of the CPI-Maoist were arrested from Kannavaram village of Koyyuru mandal in the district on Monday, police said.
"The five militia members participated in as many as 13 offences besides aiding the Maoists in their underground activities for the past three years," Visakhapatnam District
Superintendent of Police Vineet Brijlal told a news agency, adding they
were being produced before a court.
Four of the members were identified as K Bhemanna, Satyanarayana, Bhaskar and Sanaiah. All the five hail from Orissa and had settled down near Andhra-Orissa Border (AOB) after migrating to Andhra Pradesh, Narsipatnam Deputy Superintendent of Police, N Narasimha Kishore said.
The police have seized five single bore rifles and few grenades from their possession, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?