Five militia members of CPI-M arrested in AP
Visakhapatnam: Five armed militia members of the CPI-Maoist were arrested from Kannavaram village of Koyyuru mandal in the district on Monday, police said.
"The five militia members participated in as many as 13 offences besides aiding the Maoists in their underground activities for the past three years," Visakhapatnam District
Superintendent of Police Vineet Brijlal told a news agency, adding they
were being produced before a court.
Four of the members were identified as K Bhemanna, Satyanarayana, Bhaskar and Sanaiah. All the five hail from Orissa and had settled down near Andhra-Orissa Border (AOB) after migrating to Andhra Pradesh, Narsipatnam Deputy Superintendent of Police, N Narasimha Kishore said.
The police have seized five single bore rifles and few grenades from their possession, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city