Five militia members of CPI-M arrested in AP
Visakhapatnam: Five armed militia members of the CPI-Maoist were arrested from Kannavaram village of Koyyuru mandal in the district on Monday, police said.
"The five militia members participated in as many as 13 offences besides aiding the Maoists in their underground activities for the past three years," Visakhapatnam District
Superintendent of Police Vineet Brijlal told a news agency, adding they
were being produced before a court.
Four of the members were identified as K Bhemanna, Satyanarayana, Bhaskar and Sanaiah. All the five hail from Orissa and had settled down near Andhra-Orissa Border (AOB) after migrating to Andhra Pradesh, Narsipatnam Deputy Superintendent of Police, N Narasimha Kishore said.
The police have seized five single bore rifles and few grenades from their possession, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31