Five militia members of CPI-M arrested in AP
Visakhapatnam: Five armed militia members of the CPI-Maoist were arrested from Kannavaram village of Koyyuru mandal in the district on Monday, police said.
"The five militia members participated in as many as 13 offences besides aiding the Maoists in their underground activities for the past three years," Visakhapatnam District
Superintendent of Police Vineet Brijlal told a news agency, adding they
were being produced before a court.
Four of the members were identified as K Bhemanna, Satyanarayana, Bhaskar and Sanaiah. All the five hail from Orissa and had settled down near Andhra-Orissa Border (AOB) after migrating to Andhra Pradesh, Narsipatnam Deputy Superintendent of Police, N Narasimha Kishore said.
The police have seized five single bore rifles and few grenades from their possession, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!