Five militia members of CPI-M arrested in AP
Visakhapatnam: Five armed militia members of the CPI-Maoist were arrested from Kannavaram village of Koyyuru mandal in the district on Monday, police said.
"The five militia members participated in as many as 13 offences besides aiding the Maoists in their underground activities for the past three years," Visakhapatnam District
Superintendent of Police Vineet Brijlal told a news agency, adding they
were being produced before a court.
Four of the members were identified as K Bhemanna, Satyanarayana, Bhaskar and Sanaiah. All the five hail from Orissa and had settled down near Andhra-Orissa Border (AOB) after migrating to Andhra Pradesh, Narsipatnam Deputy Superintendent of Police, N Narasimha Kishore said.
The police have seized five single bore rifles and few grenades from their possession, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic