Five-month old undergoes heart surgery in AP
Rajahmundry: A five-month-old girl who was diagnosed with a congenital heart ailment, was successfully operated upon at a hospital here, a release said.
The daughter of Sreenu and Varalakshmi from Mallepalli village in Gandepalli mandal of East Godavari District got successfully operated upon by chief cardio-thoracic surgeon at the GSL Medical College General Hospital Dr T Rajendra Prasad and his team of doctors.
According to doctors, the baby had developed breathing problem a few days after her birth.
"Two months after the birth, the baby again developed difficulty in breathing, for which she was admitted at the Government General Hospital Kakinada and was kept on ventilator for 10 days and then got discharged," a GSL medical college release said here today.
However, since the problem persisted, the baby was admitted to the department of paediatrics at GSL Medical College and was diagnosed PDA (patent ductus arteriosus).
The baby is recovering well and consuming food without any difficulty, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan