Five-month old undergoes heart surgery in AP
Rajahmundry: A five-month-old girl who was diagnosed with a congenital heart ailment, was successfully operated upon at a hospital here, a release said.
The daughter of Sreenu and Varalakshmi from Mallepalli village in Gandepalli mandal of East Godavari District got successfully operated upon by chief cardio-thoracic surgeon at the GSL Medical College General Hospital Dr T Rajendra Prasad and his team of doctors.
According to doctors, the baby had developed breathing problem a few days after her birth.
"Two months after the birth, the baby again developed difficulty in breathing, for which she was admitted at the Government General Hospital Kakinada and was kept on ventilator for 10 days and then got discharged," a GSL medical college release said here today.
However, since the problem persisted, the baby was admitted to the department of paediatrics at GSL Medical College and was diagnosed PDA (patent ductus arteriosus).
The baby is recovering well and consuming food without any difficulty, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America