Five-month old undergoes heart surgery in AP
Rajahmundry: A five-month-old girl who was diagnosed with a congenital heart ailment, was successfully operated upon at a hospital here, a release said.
The daughter of Sreenu and Varalakshmi from Mallepalli village in Gandepalli mandal of East Godavari District got successfully operated upon by chief cardio-thoracic surgeon at the GSL Medical College General Hospital Dr T Rajendra Prasad and his team of doctors.
According to doctors, the baby had developed breathing problem a few days after her birth.
"Two months after the birth, the baby again developed difficulty in breathing, for which she was admitted at the Government General Hospital Kakinada and was kept on ventilator for 10 days and then got discharged," a GSL medical college release said here today.
However, since the problem persisted, the baby was admitted to the department of paediatrics at GSL Medical College and was diagnosed PDA (patent ductus arteriosus).
The baby is recovering well and consuming food without any difficulty, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray