Five-month old undergoes heart surgery in AP
Rajahmundry: A five-month-old girl who was diagnosed with a congenital heart ailment, was successfully operated upon at a hospital here, a release said.
The daughter of Sreenu and Varalakshmi from Mallepalli village in Gandepalli mandal of East Godavari District got successfully operated upon by chief cardio-thoracic surgeon at the GSL Medical College General Hospital Dr T Rajendra Prasad and his team of doctors.
According to doctors, the baby had developed breathing problem a few days after her birth.
"Two months after the birth, the baby again developed difficulty in breathing, for which she was admitted at the Government General Hospital Kakinada and was kept on ventilator for 10 days and then got discharged," a GSL medical college release said here today.
However, since the problem persisted, the baby was admitted to the department of paediatrics at GSL Medical College and was diagnosed PDA (patent ductus arteriosus).
The baby is recovering well and consuming food without any difficulty, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says