Five persons partially lose vision after surgery
Hyderabad: Five elderly persons including
four women have partially lost their vision in one eye after
undergoing cataract surgery at a government-run hospital here
reportedly due to infection even as their relatives alleged
that the patients had completely lost their eyesight.
Around 24 people in the age-group of 50-75 from Hyderabad
and its neighbouring districts of Ranga Reddy Mahabubnagar and
Medak underwent surgery at the Sarojini Devi Government Eye
Hospital here on August 14. While 19 of them were discharged,
the remaining five complained of blurred sight through the
After the first operation failed, the patients were
operated upon twice on Monday and yesterday, the relatives of
the patients alleged.
They further alleged that their kins lost their eyesight
due to negligence of the doctors, however a senior official at
the hospital today ruled out any negligence on part of the
doctors and said an preliminary inquiry has suggested that the
patients developed eye infection resulting in blurred vision
as they did not take precautions after the surgery.
"A detailed report on the incident is awaited and it will
reveal who is at fault," the official said and maintained that
five patients have complained of loss of vision only on the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India