Five Sri Lankan fishermen held in Andhra
Rajahmundry: Five Sri Lankan fishermen were arrested and seized with their boats when they were caught entering the Indian waters in Bay of Bengal off the Kakinada coast in Andhra Pradesh, police said on Friday.
The incident took place yesterday, when Coast Guard officials intercepted a Sri Lankan fishing vessel with five persons on board, Marine Police Circle Inspector YRK Srinivas said.
The vessel `Deshakthi` was towed to Kakinada in the evening and anchored in the deep water port.
Srinivas said 100 kgs of Tuna fish stored in the boat in cold storage alongwith 50 kgs dry fish was also seized.
A combined team of officials from Coast Guard, Intelligence Bureau, Customs and Marine police is interrogating the arrested.
A case was registered and the accused would be produced before a court here, Srinivas said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'