Five Sri Lankan fishermen held in Andhra
Rajahmundry: Five Sri Lankan fishermen were arrested and seized with their boats when they were caught entering the Indian waters in Bay of Bengal off the Kakinada coast in Andhra Pradesh, police said on Friday.
The incident took place yesterday, when Coast Guard officials intercepted a Sri Lankan fishing vessel with five persons on board, Marine Police Circle Inspector YRK Srinivas said.
The vessel `Deshakthi` was towed to Kakinada in the evening and anchored in the deep water port.
Srinivas said 100 kgs of Tuna fish stored in the boat in cold storage alongwith 50 kgs dry fish was also seized.
A combined team of officials from Coast Guard, Intelligence Bureau, Customs and Marine police is interrogating the arrested.
A case was registered and the accused would be produced before a court here, Srinivas said.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why