Five Sri Lankan fishermen held in Andhra
Rajahmundry: Five Sri Lankan fishermen were arrested and seized with their boats when they were caught entering the Indian waters in Bay of Bengal off the Kakinada coast in Andhra Pradesh, police said on Friday.
The incident took place yesterday, when Coast Guard officials intercepted a Sri Lankan fishing vessel with five persons on board, Marine Police Circle Inspector YRK Srinivas said.
The vessel `Deshakthi` was towed to Kakinada in the evening and anchored in the deep water port.
Srinivas said 100 kgs of Tuna fish stored in the boat in cold storage alongwith 50 kgs dry fish was also seized.
A combined team of officials from Coast Guard, Intelligence Bureau, Customs and Marine police is interrogating the arrested.
A case was registered and the accused would be produced before a court here, Srinivas said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nirbhaya case: Convicts' lawyer challenges 'iron rod' theory, announces Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone who proves it
- Surprise! Bhagyashree looks amazingly hot in these latest PICS
- Here's how you can safely lose weight in one month without exercise!
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar blames Delhi's Arvind Kejriwal for Gurgaon jam – Know why
- Nobody is interested in killing anybody: Amarinder Singh on Kejriwal's 'PM Modi can get me killed' remark