Five Sri Lankan fishermen held in Andhra
Rajahmundry: Five Sri Lankan fishermen were arrested and seized with their boats when they were caught entering the Indian waters in Bay of Bengal off the Kakinada coast in Andhra Pradesh, police said on Friday.
The incident took place yesterday, when Coast Guard officials intercepted a Sri Lankan fishing vessel with five persons on board, Marine Police Circle Inspector YRK Srinivas said.
The vessel `Deshakthi` was towed to Kakinada in the evening and anchored in the deep water port.
Srinivas said 100 kgs of Tuna fish stored in the boat in cold storage alongwith 50 kgs dry fish was also seized.
A combined team of officials from Coast Guard, Intelligence Bureau, Customs and Marine police is interrogating the arrested.
A case was registered and the accused would be produced before a court here, Srinivas said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Why are people going so crazy over Reliance Jio test SIM
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China