Five Sri Lankan fishermen held in Andhra
Rajahmundry: Five Sri Lankan fishermen were arrested and seized with their boats when they were caught entering the Indian waters in Bay of Bengal off the Kakinada coast in Andhra Pradesh, police said on Friday.
The incident took place yesterday, when Coast Guard officials intercepted a Sri Lankan fishing vessel with five persons on board, Marine Police Circle Inspector YRK Srinivas said.
The vessel `Deshakthi` was towed to Kakinada in the evening and anchored in the deep water port.
Srinivas said 100 kgs of Tuna fish stored in the boat in cold storage alongwith 50 kgs dry fish was also seized.
A combined team of officials from Coast Guard, Intelligence Bureau, Customs and Marine police is interrogating the arrested.
A case was registered and the accused would be produced before a court here, Srinivas said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind