Five Sri Lankan fishermen held in AP
Rajahmundry: Five Sri Lankan fishermen were arrested and their boats seized when they were caught entering Indian waters in the Bay of Bengal off Kakinada coast in Andhra Pradesh, police said on Friday.
Coast Guard officials intercepted the Sri Lankan fishing vessel yesterday with five persons on board, Marine Police Circle Inspector YRK Srinivas said.
The vessel `Deshakthi` was towed to Kakinada in the evening and anchored in the deep-water port.
Srinivas said 100 kgs of Tuna fish stored in the boat in cold storage along with 50 kgs dry fish was also seized.
A combined team of officials from Coast Guard, Intelligence Bureau, Customs and Marine police is interrogating the arrested.
A case was registered and the accused would be produced before a court here, Srinivas said.
- Germany's right-wing AfD to adopt anti-Islam manifesto
- Travel in metro, buses using Common Mobility Card from July
- WATCH: Dance moves of Pakistani cricketers Umar, Kamran Akmal
- Rising Pune Supergiants' Mitchell Marsh ruled out of IPL with side strain
- China's manufacturing activity expands at slower pace