Five students drowned in Godavari
Bhadrachalam (Andhra Pradesh): Five students drowned in the Godavari river near village Chinthiryal on Sunday, police said.
Five students hailing from Chinthiryal village of Aswapuram Mandal had gone to the river to take a dip but slipped into deep water, Deputy Superintendent of Police M Thirupathi said.
The deceased were identified as Chanti, Tajuddin, Saleem, Pavan, and Suryateja and their bodies were fished out with the help of local villagers, he added.
The state Horticulture Minister Ramireddy Venkatareddy, has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 50,000 each to the kin of the deceased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic