Five women killed in road mishap
Guntur (AP): Five women, all agriculture
labourers, were killed when a speeding state transport bus
dashed into them near here today, police said.
The incident occurred at Kornpadu village when the
victims were waiting at a bus stop.
The Andhra Pradesh State Transport Corporation bus
ploughed through the bus shelter, killing four of them on the
spot. The fifth victim died at the Government General Hospital
here, they said.
Police attributed the tragedy to the bus driver losing
control on the vehicle due to over-speeding. The driver has
The women were returning to Satenappli town after
taking part in chilli harvesting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range