Five women killed in road mishap
Guntur (AP): Five women, all agriculture
labourers, were killed when a speeding state transport bus
dashed into them near here today, police said.
The incident occurred at Kornpadu village when the
victims were waiting at a bus stop.
The Andhra Pradesh State Transport Corporation bus
ploughed through the bus shelter, killing four of them on the
spot. The fifth victim died at the Government General Hospital
here, they said.
Police attributed the tragedy to the bus driver losing
control on the vehicle due to over-speeding. The driver has
The women were returning to Satenappli town after
taking part in chilli harvesting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch