Five-year-old boy falls into borewell, dies
Karimnagar (AP): A five-year-old boy on Friday died after falling into a 20-feet deep borewell in Pallemkunta village of the district.
K Ajith slipped into the open borewell this afternoon in an agriculture field in Malhar area, about 75 kms from here, said G Udaykumar Reddy, Deputy Superintendent of Police of Gadavarikhani.
Police and revenue officials rushed to the spot and started rescue operations but could not save the boy as the borewell was filled with water, he said.
The body of the victim was later fished out, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief