Five-year-old boy falls into borewell, dies
Karimnagar (AP): A five-year-old boy on Friday died after falling into a 20-feet deep borewell in Pallemkunta village of the district.
K Ajith slipped into the open borewell this afternoon in an agriculture field in Malhar area, about 75 kms from here, said G Udaykumar Reddy, Deputy Superintendent of Police of Gadavarikhani.
Police and revenue officials rushed to the spot and started rescue operations but could not save the boy as the borewell was filled with water, he said.
The body of the victim was later fished out, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’