Five-year-old boy falls into borewell, dies
Karimnagar (AP): A five-year-old boy on Friday died after falling into a 20-feet deep borewell in Pallemkunta village of the district.
K Ajith slipped into the open borewell this afternoon in an agriculture field in Malhar area, about 75 kms from here, said G Udaykumar Reddy, Deputy Superintendent of Police of Gadavarikhani.
Police and revenue officials rushed to the spot and started rescue operations but could not save the boy as the borewell was filled with water, he said.
The body of the victim was later fished out, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day