Fog disrupts flights at Hyderabad airport
Hyderabad: Dense fog disrupted flight operations at the Rahiv Gandhi International Airport here early Saturday.
At least five flights, two of them international, were diverted to Bangalore due to poor visibility and an equal number of flights could not take off, an airport spokesperson told a news agency.
The fog hit the flight operations between 5.30-7 a.m. Flights coming from Dubai, Muscat, Chennai (two flights) and Mumbai were diverted to Bangalore. The flights returned to the Hyderabad airport after the runway was cleared.
The official said five outbound flights were also delayed due to the fog. This is the first time this winter that fog has hit the flight services at the airport, located at Shamshabad, about 25 km from the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan