Fog disrupts flights at Hyderabad airport
Hyderabad: Dense fog disrupted flight operations at the Rahiv Gandhi International Airport here early Saturday.
At least five flights, two of them international, were diverted to Bangalore due to poor visibility and an equal number of flights could not take off, an airport spokesperson told a news agency.
The fog hit the flight operations between 5.30-7 a.m. Flights coming from Dubai, Muscat, Chennai (two flights) and Mumbai were diverted to Bangalore. The flights returned to the Hyderabad airport after the runway was cleared.
The official said five outbound flights were also delayed due to the fog. This is the first time this winter that fog has hit the flight services at the airport, located at Shamshabad, about 25 km from the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm