Food poisoning suspected as 34 girls hospitalised
Machilipatnam: As many as 34 girl inmates of a private hostel at Rangapuram village in Krishna district were hospitalised after they developed symptoms of food poisoning, a health official said on Wednesday.
"Around 50 out of 80 girls of Kasturba Girls Hostel started complaining of gastroenteritis today after consuming food last night", said District Medical and Health Officer J. Sarasajakshi.
She said around 34 girls were admitted in Nuzvid Area Hospital. "They are out of danger and recuperating", she added.
Food inspectors have collected the samples and sent them to laboratory to ascertain the exact cause, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming