Food poisoning suspected as 34 girls hospitalised
Machilipatnam: As many as 34 girl inmates of a private hostel at Rangapuram village in Krishna district were hospitalised after they developed symptoms of food poisoning, a health official said on Wednesday.
"Around 50 out of 80 girls of Kasturba Girls Hostel started complaining of gastroenteritis today after consuming food last night", said District Medical and Health Officer J. Sarasajakshi.
She said around 34 girls were admitted in Nuzvid Area Hospital. "They are out of danger and recuperating", she added.
Food inspectors have collected the samples and sent them to laboratory to ascertain the exact cause, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva