Food poisoning suspected as 34 girls hospitalised
Machilipatnam: As many as 34 girl inmates of a private hostel at Rangapuram village in Krishna district were hospitalised after they developed symptoms of food poisoning, a health official said on Wednesday.
"Around 50 out of 80 girls of Kasturba Girls Hostel started complaining of gastroenteritis today after consuming food last night", said District Medical and Health Officer J. Sarasajakshi.
She said around 34 girls were admitted in Nuzvid Area Hospital. "They are out of danger and recuperating", she added.
Food inspectors have collected the samples and sent them to laboratory to ascertain the exact cause, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video