Food poisoning suspected as 34 girls hospitalised
Machilipatnam: As many as 34 girl inmates of a private hostel at Rangapuram village in Krishna district were hospitalised after they developed symptoms of food poisoning, a health official said on Wednesday.
"Around 50 out of 80 girls of Kasturba Girls Hostel started complaining of gastroenteritis today after consuming food last night", said District Medical and Health Officer J. Sarasajakshi.
She said around 34 girls were admitted in Nuzvid Area Hospital. "They are out of danger and recuperating", she added.
Food inspectors have collected the samples and sent them to laboratory to ascertain the exact cause, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state