Food poisoning suspected as 34 girls hospitalised
Machilipatnam: As many as 34 girl inmates of a private hostel at Rangapuram village in Krishna district were hospitalised after they developed symptoms of food poisoning, a health official said on Wednesday.
"Around 50 out of 80 girls of Kasturba Girls Hostel started complaining of gastroenteritis today after consuming food last night", said District Medical and Health Officer J. Sarasajakshi.
She said around 34 girls were admitted in Nuzvid Area Hospital. "They are out of danger and recuperating", she added.
Food inspectors have collected the samples and sent them to laboratory to ascertain the exact cause, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police