For united Andhra, Kiran Reddy ready for sacrifice
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy Saturday said he was ready for any sacrifice to keep the state united.
Continuing his defiance of the Congress party leadership, the chief minister said he would make his stand for united Andhra Pradesh clear before the Group of Ministers (GoM).
The GoM, looking into various issues related to bifurcation of the state, has summoned Kiran Reddy to Delhi Nov 18 for a meeting.
Addressing a public meeting as part of "Racchabanda" or mass contact programme at Rajahmundry, he reiterated bifurcation would lead to problems, especially of water, electricity, education and employment.
He claimed Telangana would face more problems than Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra).
Kiran Reddy said Telugu-speaking people emerged stronger and achieved progress in all sectors because of united Andhra Pradesh. He said major projects like Nagarjuna Sagar and Srisailam became reality because of unity.
The chief minister has already hinted he is ready to sacrifice his post to keep the state united. He has expressed his views against the party decision on several occasions during the past two months.
He is demanding the central government to reconsider its decision to bifurcate the state. He has also sent letters to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, finding fault with the way the central government took the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27