For united Andhra, Kiran Reddy ready for sacrifice
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy Saturday said he was ready for any sacrifice to keep the state united.
Continuing his defiance of the Congress party leadership, the chief minister said he would make his stand for united Andhra Pradesh clear before the Group of Ministers (GoM).
The GoM, looking into various issues related to bifurcation of the state, has summoned Kiran Reddy to Delhi Nov 18 for a meeting.
Addressing a public meeting as part of "Racchabanda" or mass contact programme at Rajahmundry, he reiterated bifurcation would lead to problems, especially of water, electricity, education and employment.
He claimed Telangana would face more problems than Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra).
Kiran Reddy said Telugu-speaking people emerged stronger and achieved progress in all sectors because of united Andhra Pradesh. He said major projects like Nagarjuna Sagar and Srisailam became reality because of unity.
The chief minister has already hinted he is ready to sacrifice his post to keep the state united. He has expressed his views against the party decision on several occasions during the past two months.
He is demanding the central government to reconsider its decision to bifurcate the state. He has also sent letters to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, finding fault with the way the central government took the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!