For united Andhra, Kiran Reddy ready for sacrifice
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy Saturday said he was ready for any sacrifice to keep the state united.
Continuing his defiance of the Congress party leadership, the chief minister said he would make his stand for united Andhra Pradesh clear before the Group of Ministers (GoM).
The GoM, looking into various issues related to bifurcation of the state, has summoned Kiran Reddy to Delhi Nov 18 for a meeting.
Addressing a public meeting as part of "Racchabanda" or mass contact programme at Rajahmundry, he reiterated bifurcation would lead to problems, especially of water, electricity, education and employment.
He claimed Telangana would face more problems than Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra).
Kiran Reddy said Telugu-speaking people emerged stronger and achieved progress in all sectors because of united Andhra Pradesh. He said major projects like Nagarjuna Sagar and Srisailam became reality because of unity.
The chief minister has already hinted he is ready to sacrifice his post to keep the state united. He has expressed his views against the party decision on several occasions during the past two months.
He is demanding the central government to reconsider its decision to bifurcate the state. He has also sent letters to President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, finding fault with the way the central government took the decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read