Formation of Telangana cannot be stopped: TRS
Hyderabad: Hitting out at Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for rejecting the AP Reorganisation Bill, TRS today said the move cannot stop formation of Telangana.
"Chief Minister and Speaker colluded and they are claiming that they have passed a resolution. This is a useless attempt. Nothing is going to happen by this. Telangana would not be stopped with this. Telangana Bill would be moved in Parliament in the second week of February", TRS MLA and party president K Chandrasekhar Rao`s son K T Rama Rao told reporters here.
The Assembly today passed by voice vote a resolution moved by the Chief Minister rejecting the draft Bill.
"Our party president K Chandrasekhar Rao is going to Delhi tomorrow. We will meet all national leaders. This is the end of a ritual. They have done this for their self-satisfaction," Rama Rao said.
Meanwhile, TDP MLA P Keshav, a strong votary of united Andhra, said the resolution would help in keeping the state undivided.
Earlier, the Speaker N Manohar put the CM`s resolution for a voice vote and announced that the motion has been carried.
The Speaker said he did not see any reason for taking up the 10 non-official resolutions on the same subject.
He then thanked the members for their cooperation and adjourned the House sine die.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read