Formation of Telangana cannot be stopped: TRS
Hyderabad: Hitting out at Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy for rejecting the AP Reorganisation Bill, TRS today said the move cannot stop formation of Telangana.
"Chief Minister and Speaker colluded and they are claiming that they have passed a resolution. This is a useless attempt. Nothing is going to happen by this. Telangana would not be stopped with this. Telangana Bill would be moved in Parliament in the second week of February", TRS MLA and party president K Chandrasekhar Rao`s son K T Rama Rao told reporters here.
The Assembly today passed by voice vote a resolution moved by the Chief Minister rejecting the draft Bill.
"Our party president K Chandrasekhar Rao is going to Delhi tomorrow. We will meet all national leaders. This is the end of a ritual. They have done this for their self-satisfaction," Rama Rao said.
Meanwhile, TDP MLA P Keshav, a strong votary of united Andhra, said the resolution would help in keeping the state undivided.
Earlier, the Speaker N Manohar put the CM`s resolution for a voice vote and announced that the motion has been carried.
The Speaker said he did not see any reason for taking up the 10 non-official resolutions on the same subject.
He then thanked the members for their cooperation and adjourned the House sine die.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote