Former Andhra minister gets bail in Jagan case
Hyderabad: A special court Monday granted bail to former Andhra Pradesh minister Mopidevi Venkatramna in a disproportionate assets case involving YSR Congress party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
The CBI court directed him not to leave Hyderabad without its permission and cooperate with the investigation agency.
The court earlier granted 45-day interim bail to the former minister on health grounds. He, however, surrendered before the court Oct 25, eight days before his interim bail period ended. He subsequently moved a bail petition.
The CBI arrested Mopidevi May 24 last year when he was serving as the minister for excise. He resigned as minister the next day.
The CBI charged Mopidevi with violating rules while allotting land and extending some concessions to VANPIC, a mega port and infrastructure project promoted by industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, for the alleged investment Prasad made in the companies owned by Jaganmohan Reddy.
Mopidevi was then holding infrastructure and investment portfolio in the cabinet of then chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, father of Jaganmohan Reddy.
The court last month released on bail Jaganmohan Reddy, who spent nearly 16 months in jail. The court earlier this month also granted bail to Jaganmohan Reddy`s aide Vijay Sai Reddy, Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat K.V. Brahmananda Reddy.
The CBI has filed 10 charge sheets in various aspects of the case relating to quid pro quo investments. According to the investigating agency, the government of Rajasekhara Reddy (2004-09) granted undue favours to companies and individuals who invested in the businesses of his son.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed