Former Andhra Pradesh CM Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy passes away
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy died here on Friday morning.
Reddy had been undergoing treatment for neurology-related problems and the end came at 5 am.
The senior Congress leader was admitted to Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS). His body has reportedly been shifted to his house in Somajiguda.
Born on February 20, 1935 in Nellore district, Reddy is survived by his wife and four sons.
Reddy, a sitting Rajya Sabha member from Andhra Pradesh, served as chief minister from December, 1990 to October, 1992.
He served as state minister and legislator in his long political career spanning several decades.
On September 08, 2007, Reddy, and his wife, N Rajyalakshmi, had escaped a landmine attack at Vidyanagar, near Nellore, suspected to be triggered by Maoists.
Several senior leaders including TDP chief N Chandrababau Naidu condoled the death of Janaradhan Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan