Former Andhra Pradesh CM Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy passes away
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy died here on Friday morning.
Reddy had been undergoing treatment for neurology-related problems and the end came at 5 am.
The senior Congress leader was admitted to Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS). His body has reportedly been shifted to his house in Somajiguda.
Born on February 20, 1935 in Nellore district, Reddy is survived by his wife and four sons.
Reddy, a sitting Rajya Sabha member from Andhra Pradesh, served as chief minister from December, 1990 to October, 1992.
He served as state minister and legislator in his long political career spanning several decades.
On September 08, 2007, Reddy, and his wife, N Rajyalakshmi, had escaped a landmine attack at Vidyanagar, near Nellore, suspected to be triggered by Maoists.
Several senior leaders including TDP chief N Chandrababau Naidu condoled the death of Janaradhan Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees