Former Andhra Pradesh CM Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy passes away
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy died here on Friday morning.
Reddy had been undergoing treatment for neurology-related problems and the end came at 5 am.
The senior Congress leader was admitted to Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS). His body has reportedly been shifted to his house in Somajiguda.
Born on February 20, 1935 in Nellore district, Reddy is survived by his wife and four sons.
Reddy, a sitting Rajya Sabha member from Andhra Pradesh, served as chief minister from December, 1990 to October, 1992.
He served as state minister and legislator in his long political career spanning several decades.
On September 08, 2007, Reddy, and his wife, N Rajyalakshmi, had escaped a landmine attack at Vidyanagar, near Nellore, suspected to be triggered by Maoists.
Several senior leaders including TDP chief N Chandrababau Naidu condoled the death of Janaradhan Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda