Former Andhra Pradesh CM Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy passes away
Zee Media Bureau
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh chief minister Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy died here on Friday morning.
Reddy had been undergoing treatment for neurology-related problems and the end came at 5 am.
The senior Congress leader was admitted to Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS). His body has reportedly been shifted to his house in Somajiguda.
Born on February 20, 1935 in Nellore district, Reddy is survived by his wife and four sons.
Reddy, a sitting Rajya Sabha member from Andhra Pradesh, served as chief minister from December, 1990 to October, 1992.
He served as state minister and legislator in his long political career spanning several decades.
On September 08, 2007, Reddy, and his wife, N Rajyalakshmi, had escaped a landmine attack at Vidyanagar, near Nellore, suspected to be triggered by Maoists.
Several senior leaders including TDP chief N Chandrababau Naidu condoled the death of Janaradhan Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble