Former AP CM Rosaiah says Congress should rectify shortcomings
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra
Pradesh should analyse the reasons for the party`s failure in
the recent Kadapa bypolls and rectify the shortcomings in
order to be successful in future, former Chief Minister K
Rosaiah said here on Friday.
"Congress is a 125-year-old party and has seen many ups
and downs. YS Jagan Mohan Reddy leaving the party may create
some loss as his father Rajasekhara Reddy enjoyed massive
goodwill among people. The setbacks are only temporary. What
is needed is thorough discussion and proper planning. The
reasons for the losses have to be analysed and shortcomings
have to be rectified," he told reporters here.
Rosaiah is reported to have written a letter to the high
command over the party affairs.
Congress in Andhra Pradesh has been undergoing a
churning following the shock defeat in the Kadapa Lok Sabha
bypolls in which the party nominee lost his security deposit.
Union Minister and senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi
Azad, who is in-charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh,
undertook a visit to the state capital earlier this month.
Speculation has been rife since then that the party high
command would affect major changes in the state party set up.
Amid buzz that the party high command would appoint a
new state Congress president, a deputy chief minister, new
chairman to the state legislative council and assembly
speaker, there has been intense lobbying among several senior
leaders for the posts.
State minister Kanna Lakshminarayana has reportedly
said in Delhi that he is in the race for the post of PCC
president, while few others were making attempts quietly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video