Former AP CM Rosaiah says Congress should rectify shortcomings
Hyderabad: The ruling Congress in Andhra
Pradesh should analyse the reasons for the party`s failure in
the recent Kadapa bypolls and rectify the shortcomings in
order to be successful in future, former Chief Minister K
Rosaiah said here on Friday.
"Congress is a 125-year-old party and has seen many ups
and downs. YS Jagan Mohan Reddy leaving the party may create
some loss as his father Rajasekhara Reddy enjoyed massive
goodwill among people. The setbacks are only temporary. What
is needed is thorough discussion and proper planning. The
reasons for the losses have to be analysed and shortcomings
have to be rectified," he told reporters here.
Rosaiah is reported to have written a letter to the high
command over the party affairs.
Congress in Andhra Pradesh has been undergoing a
churning following the shock defeat in the Kadapa Lok Sabha
bypolls in which the party nominee lost his security deposit.
Union Minister and senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi
Azad, who is in-charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh,
undertook a visit to the state capital earlier this month.
Speculation has been rife since then that the party high
command would affect major changes in the state party set up.
Amid buzz that the party high command would appoint a
new state Congress president, a deputy chief minister, new
chairman to the state legislative council and assembly
speaker, there has been intense lobbying among several senior
leaders for the posts.
State minister Kanna Lakshminarayana has reportedly
said in Delhi that he is in the race for the post of PCC
president, while few others were making attempts quietly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off