Former AP legislator Pinnamaneni Rao no more
Vijayawada: Former Andhra Pradesh Congress MLA Pinnamaneni Koteswara Rao, popularly known as `Chairman` by his supporters, passed away at his native place in Krishna district on Thursday evening after a brief illness.
He was 85 and survived by four sons and a daughter.
Rao was admitted in a city hospital a few days ago for treatment of old-age related ailments. He was discharged from the hospital at around noon today but breathed his last at his native place Rudrapaka near here, family sources said.
Rao started his political career as Sarpanch of Rudrapaka and served as Krishna Zilla Parishad Chairman for three terms. He was a two-time legislator from Mudinepalli Assembly constituency.
One of his sons, P Venkateswara Rao, served as a Minister in YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s Cabinet.
Incidentally, Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, who was touring the district, visited the ailing leader in the hospital this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan