Former AP legislator Pinnamaneni Rao no more
Vijayawada: Former Andhra Pradesh Congress MLA Pinnamaneni Koteswara Rao, popularly known as `Chairman` by his supporters, passed away at his native place in Krishna district on Thursday evening after a brief illness.
He was 85 and survived by four sons and a daughter.
Rao was admitted in a city hospital a few days ago for treatment of old-age related ailments. He was discharged from the hospital at around noon today but breathed his last at his native place Rudrapaka near here, family sources said.
Rao started his political career as Sarpanch of Rudrapaka and served as Krishna Zilla Parishad Chairman for three terms. He was a two-time legislator from Mudinepalli Assembly constituency.
One of his sons, P Venkateswara Rao, served as a Minister in YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s Cabinet.
Incidentally, Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, who was touring the district, visited the ailing leader in the hospital this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you