Former AP legislator Pinnamaneni Rao no more
Vijayawada: Former Andhra Pradesh Congress MLA Pinnamaneni Koteswara Rao, popularly known as `Chairman` by his supporters, passed away at his native place in Krishna district on Thursday evening after a brief illness.
He was 85 and survived by four sons and a daughter.
Rao was admitted in a city hospital a few days ago for treatment of old-age related ailments. He was discharged from the hospital at around noon today but breathed his last at his native place Rudrapaka near here, family sources said.
Rao started his political career as Sarpanch of Rudrapaka and served as Krishna Zilla Parishad Chairman for three terms. He was a two-time legislator from Mudinepalli Assembly constituency.
One of his sons, P Venkateswara Rao, served as a Minister in YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s Cabinet.
Incidentally, Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, who was touring the district, visited the ailing leader in the hospital this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India