Former AP legislator Pinnamaneni Rao no more
Vijayawada: Former Andhra Pradesh Congress MLA Pinnamaneni Koteswara Rao, popularly known as `Chairman` by his supporters, passed away at his native place in Krishna district on Thursday evening after a brief illness.
He was 85 and survived by four sons and a daughter.
Rao was admitted in a city hospital a few days ago for treatment of old-age related ailments. He was discharged from the hospital at around noon today but breathed his last at his native place Rudrapaka near here, family sources said.
Rao started his political career as Sarpanch of Rudrapaka and served as Krishna Zilla Parishad Chairman for three terms. He was a two-time legislator from Mudinepalli Assembly constituency.
One of his sons, P Venkateswara Rao, served as a Minister in YS Rajasekhara Reddy`s Cabinet.
Incidentally, Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy, who was touring the district, visited the ailing leader in the hospital this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?