Former AP minister surrenders, gets bail in dowry case
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh Minister and Secunderabad Cantonment MLA P Shankar Rao on Wednesday surrendered before the police in connection with a dowry harassment case lodged by his daughter-in-law, and was subsequently released on bail.
Rao, who had secured anticipatory bail from the Sessions Court, surrendered before the Women Police Station (WPS) attached to Central Crime Station, and submitted two sureties of Rs 10,000 each as per the court`s order. He was then granted bail, Inspector P Janakamma said.
He also filed an affidavit before the police stating that his passport was already deposited with CID in the Greenfields land encroachment case. The court had directed him to surrender his passport in the present case too.
Rao`s daughter-in-law Vamsi Priya, in her complaint to WPS had said she was being harassed by her husband Shashank and his parents since her marriage in 2005.
Shashank has already surrendered before police and got bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli