Former AP minister surrenders, gets bail in dowry case
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh Minister and Secunderabad Cantonment MLA P Shankar Rao on Wednesday surrendered before the police in connection with a dowry harassment case lodged by his daughter-in-law, and was subsequently released on bail.
Rao, who had secured anticipatory bail from the Sessions Court, surrendered before the Women Police Station (WPS) attached to Central Crime Station, and submitted two sureties of Rs 10,000 each as per the court`s order. He was then granted bail, Inspector P Janakamma said.
He also filed an affidavit before the police stating that his passport was already deposited with CID in the Greenfields land encroachment case. The court had directed him to surrender his passport in the present case too.
Rao`s daughter-in-law Vamsi Priya, in her complaint to WPS had said she was being harassed by her husband Shashank and his parents since her marriage in 2005.
Shashank has already surrendered before police and got bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why