Former constable sets senior police officer`s vehicle on fire
Hyderabad: A senior police officer`s vehicle was set on fire on Thursday allegedly by a former police constable at LB Nagar here on Thursday night, the police said. However, nobody was injured in the incident.
Former police constable Giriprasad Sarma was suspected to be behind the incident, police said, adding the vehicle`s driver saw Sarma pouring kerosene and setting the front and second row seats of the vehicle on fire after breaking its window panes at around 9 pm before fleeing the spot.
Before fleeing, Sarma allegedly threw a letter on the spot, mentioning alleged corrupt practices in the Police Transport Organisation (PTO), seeking reforms, a senior police officer told PTI tonight.
The vehicle belongs to PTO Additional Superintendent of Police Vijay Kumar, he said.
A hunt has been launched to nab Sarma and two others, the police officer said.
Sarma, who was suspended for holding Superintendent of Police E Lakshmi Narayana hostage in September last year, was subsequently sacked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam