Former CVC to head govt panel to decide IAS, IPS for Telangana
New Delhi: Former Central vigilance Commissioner (CVC) Pratyush Sinha will head a five-member committee to decide on allocation of officers belonging to all India services for newly formed Telangana state.
The committee will make suitable recommendations regarding determination of the cadre strength of the three all India services-- Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and Indian Forest Service (IFoS) of the two successor states, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, a senior Ministry of Personnel official said.
Besides Sinha, the Committee will have Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary, Special Secretary (Internal Security) in Ministry of Home Affairs and Inspector General (Forests) cum Special Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forests as member.
An Additional Secretary (Services and Vigilance) under Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) here will be member secretary of the committee.
Sinha is a 1969-batch retired IAS officer of Bihar cadre.
The committee will recommend objective and transparent criteria for the allocation or distribution of personnel belonging to IAS, IPS & IFoS, and borne on the existing cadre of Andhra Pradesh between the two successor states--Andhra Pradesh and Telangana--within three weeks, according to terms and reference for the committee.
Telangana, the country`s 29th state, will be born on June 2 and start functioning from that day.
The central government has already issued a gazette notification on the formation of Telangana. Parliament gave its approval on February 20 for the creation of Telangana by bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
At present, there are 284 IAS officers, 209 IPS and 136 IFoS officers are working Andhra Pradesh, according to a central government data.
The total authorised strength of IAS and IPS for Andhra Pradesh is 376 and 258 respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!