Former YSR Congress supporters join Telangana Rashtra Samiti
Hyderabad: Former Andhra Pradesh minister Konda Surekha, who was once a supporter of the Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSR Congress, joined the K Chandrasekhar Rao-led Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) here on Tuesday.
Surekha had quit as minister in support of Jaganmohan Reddy, when K Rosaiah of the Congress was Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, to subsequently join the YSR Congress.
However, she and her husband Konda Murali, fell out with the YSR Congress and returned to the Congress.
The couple were senior Congress leaders in their native Warangal district and their admission into the TRS is being seen as an asset for the party.
Surekha, who joined the TRS in the presence of its president K Chandrasekhar Rao, expressed confidence that rapid development of the new state would be possible.
TRS is now hoping to emerge as the dominant force in Telangana after the elections after ruling out merger or even an electoral alliance with the Congress.
Several MLAs and other leaders from the Chandrababu Naidu-led Telugu Desam Party (TDP) have also joined the TRS in recent times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!