Foundation stone for widening H`dbad-Vijayawada road tomorrow
Hyderabad:Union Minister of State for Road
Transport and Highways R P N Singh will lay foundation stone
for the four-laning of the Hyderabad-Vijayawada section of
National Highway-9 at Narketpalli near tomorrow.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah and Union Urban
Development Minister S Jaipal Reddy will grace the occasion,
the state government has said.
The GMR Infrastructure Ltd - Punj Lloyd consortium will
execute the Rs 1170 crore project on a design, build, finance,
operate and transfer (DBFOT) basis and complete the work by
October 2012. The NH-9 expansion is being taken up under the
National Highway Development Programme-III.
This is a critical National Highway in the state
connecting port town Machilipatnam to the state capital but
its expansion got delayed for many years for various reasons.
The four-laning of this road will now be undertaken
between 40 km and 221 km on the Hyderabad-Vijayawada stretch,
according to the Chief Minister K Rosaiah.
The Chief Minister noted that the widening of this
stretch of the Highway would reduce travel time between
Hyderabad and Vijayawada from six to four hours and result in
enormous fuel saving besides reducing the number of accidents.
Of the 1089 hectares of land required for extension of
the carriage way, 675 ha has been acquired so far while
another 414 ha would be acquired in a month. Three major
bridges and two road-under-bridges would also be built under
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday