Four Andhra Pradesh ministers under CBI scanner in
Hyderabad: Four Andhra Pradesh Ministers may come under CBI scanner for their alleged role in issuing controversial Government Orders that have become the basis for filing a case against YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy.
Jagan Reddy was arrested in an alleged disproportionate assets case on May 27 after being grilled for three days by the investigating agency.
Dharmana Prasada Rao, J Geeth Reddy, Ponnala Lakshmaih and Sabitha Reddy who held Revenue, Major Industries, Irrigation and Mining portfolio respectively during YS Rajasekhara Reddy? regime will be questioned for their role in issuing certain GOs that are alleged to have favoured some companies which in turn invested in Jagan Reddy?s companies as Quid-pro-quo, CBI said in an affidavit field before the Supreme Court.
The Supreme Court on March 12 issued notices to six Andhra Pradesh ministers and eight IAS officers on a plea alleging that the CBI was not proceeding against them despite having sufficient evidence that they helped Jagan Reddy accumulate massive illegal assets.
A bench headed by Justice Dalveer Bhandari issued the notices to CBI, ministers and the IAS officers and sought their stands on the petition filed by an advocate, Sudhakar Reddy.
The CBI had already arrested Mopidevi Venkata Ramana Rao, former excise minister who held Infrastructure and ports portfolio in Rajasekhara Reddy Government in connection with the Jagan Reddy’s alleged disproportionate assets case.
The CBI said it would examine Sabitha Reddy in connection with the GOs related to Bharathi Cements, prospective license to Penna Cements, mining lease for Limestone in favour of Saraswathi Power and Industries and transfer of mining lease held by Eswar Cements.
Ponnala will be examined in connection with the GOs related water supply permission to India Cements for its manufacturing facilities in the State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack