Four armed Naxalites surrender before police
Hyderabad: Four armed men of the Praja Pratighatana Group (PPG) of Naxalites led by Mohananna surrendered before the police on Friday in Khammam district of Andhra Pradesh.
G Raghupathi alias Mohananna, State Secretary of PPG, a Naxalite splinter group, surrendered before Warangal Range DIG M Kanta Rao, along with three other members of the outfit, the police said.
The PPG Mohananna squad, was allegedly involved in over 100 criminal cases including as many as 17 murders, 37 cases of extortions, eight kidnapping cases, 11 arson cases, besides other cases of conspiracy, assault and attempt to murder in two districts of Khammam and Warangal, DIG Kanta Rao told a news agency.
"Mohananna and three others, namely Hari Babu, Mogali and R Ravi surrendered along with their weapons and ammunition before the police. With their surrender the PPG has been completely wiped out in Andhra Pradesh," the DIG said.
Mohananna, who led the PPG, was underground for the past many years and was accused of huge extortions from contractors.
One AK-47 rifle and its 81 rounds were among weapons and ammunition recovered from those who surrendered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra