Four cops suspended for misbehaving with woman
Warangal: Four constables, attached to Narasampet police station in the district, were suspended Wednesday after a departmental inquiry found them guilty of allegedly harassing and misbehaving with a woman complainant, a senior officer said.
"The constables used to visit the woman`s house in Narasampet in absence of her husband on the pretext of inquiry into her complaint of dowry harassment and misbehave with her," DSP K Saritha said.
The constables were identified as K Srinivas, M Praveen, M Laxman and G Ramesh, she said.
"Unable to stand the behaviour of (the) constables, the woman approached senior officials for action, following which Warangal SP (Rural) Balraju ordered an inquiry," the DSP said.
The constables were found guilty of misbehaving and harassing the woman in the departmental inquiry and their suspension order was issued today, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured