Four cops suspended for misbehaving with woman
Warangal: Four constables, attached to Narasampet police station in the district, were suspended Wednesday after a departmental inquiry found them guilty of allegedly harassing and misbehaving with a woman complainant, a senior officer said.
"The constables used to visit the woman`s house in Narasampet in absence of her husband on the pretext of inquiry into her complaint of dowry harassment and misbehave with her," DSP K Saritha said.
The constables were identified as K Srinivas, M Praveen, M Laxman and G Ramesh, she said.
"Unable to stand the behaviour of (the) constables, the woman approached senior officials for action, following which Warangal SP (Rural) Balraju ordered an inquiry," the DSP said.
The constables were found guilty of misbehaving and harassing the woman in the departmental inquiry and their suspension order was issued today, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible