Four cops suspended for misbehaving with woman
Warangal: Four constables, attached to Narasampet police station in the district, were suspended Wednesday after a departmental inquiry found them guilty of allegedly harassing and misbehaving with a woman complainant, a senior officer said.
"The constables used to visit the woman`s house in Narasampet in absence of her husband on the pretext of inquiry into her complaint of dowry harassment and misbehave with her," DSP K Saritha said.
The constables were identified as K Srinivas, M Praveen, M Laxman and G Ramesh, she said.
"Unable to stand the behaviour of (the) constables, the woman approached senior officials for action, following which Warangal SP (Rural) Balraju ordered an inquiry," the DSP said.
The constables were found guilty of misbehaving and harassing the woman in the departmental inquiry and their suspension order was issued today, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay