Four cops suspended for misbehaving with woman
Warangal: Four constables, attached to Narasampet police station in the district, were suspended Wednesday after a departmental inquiry found them guilty of allegedly harassing and misbehaving with a woman complainant, a senior officer said.
"The constables used to visit the woman`s house in Narasampet in absence of her husband on the pretext of inquiry into her complaint of dowry harassment and misbehave with her," DSP K Saritha said.
The constables were identified as K Srinivas, M Praveen, M Laxman and G Ramesh, she said.
"Unable to stand the behaviour of (the) constables, the woman approached senior officials for action, following which Warangal SP (Rural) Balraju ordered an inquiry," the DSP said.
The constables were found guilty of misbehaving and harassing the woman in the departmental inquiry and their suspension order was issued today, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city