Four-day Pulse Polio campaign from Jan 19 in Vijaywada
Vijayawada: The Pulse Polio immunisation campaign will be held in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh for four days from January 19.
Krishna district Additional Joint Collector B L Chenna Kesava Rao reviewed the programme officials of Medical and Health, Municipal and Revenue officials here.
He asked the officials to administer polio vaccine to all children aged below 5 years by mobilising the health teams in all parts of the district.
He said that about 5,17,279 children in rural Krishna district and about 38,934 children in Vijayawada city have to be administered polio drops.
He said about 10,934 medical and para medical staff have to serve in this mass immunisation programme.
Medical teams have to set up counters at all bus stations and railway stations to cover children in travel.
The Additional Joint Collector expressed his satisfaction on the zero prevalance of polio in Krishna district.
Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad had said recently in Hyderabad that it was a matter of pride that India has been taken off the list of countries with endemic transmission of wild polio virus.
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception
- 33 rescued lions arrive in South Africa in airlift
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here