Four-day Pulse Polio campaign from Jan 19 in Vijaywada
Vijayawada: The Pulse Polio immunisation campaign will be held in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh for four days from January 19.
Krishna district Additional Joint Collector B L Chenna Kesava Rao reviewed the programme officials of Medical and Health, Municipal and Revenue officials here.
He asked the officials to administer polio vaccine to all children aged below 5 years by mobilising the health teams in all parts of the district.
He said that about 5,17,279 children in rural Krishna district and about 38,934 children in Vijayawada city have to be administered polio drops.
He said about 10,934 medical and para medical staff have to serve in this mass immunisation programme.
Medical teams have to set up counters at all bus stations and railway stations to cover children in travel.
The Additional Joint Collector expressed his satisfaction on the zero prevalance of polio in Krishna district.
Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad had said recently in Hyderabad that it was a matter of pride that India has been taken off the list of countries with endemic transmission of wild polio virus.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'