Four in fray for Nandigama Assembly bypoll
Vijayawada: Four candidates are in the fray in Nandigama Assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh, where bye-election will take place next month.
Today was the last day for withdrawal of nominations. A total of six nominations were filed of which two were rejected, an election official said.
Tangirala Sowmya (TDP), Bodapati Babu Rao (Congress) Katarapu Pullaih and Matangi Pulla Rao (both Independents) will fight it out for the Assembly segment where polling will take place on September 13.
The vote count will take place on September 16.
The seat in Krishna district fell vacant due to the sudden demise of Tangirala Prabhakara Rao, who was elected from there on TDP ticket for the second time. He died on June 15 even before taking oath as a legislator.
Sowmya is the daughter of Prabhakara Rao.
Main Opposition YSR Congress has decided not to contest the bye-election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar