Four in fray for Nandigama Assembly bypoll
Vijayawada: Four candidates are in the fray in Nandigama Assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh, where bye-election will take place next month.
Today was the last day for withdrawal of nominations. A total of six nominations were filed of which two were rejected, an election official said.
Tangirala Sowmya (TDP), Bodapati Babu Rao (Congress) Katarapu Pullaih and Matangi Pulla Rao (both Independents) will fight it out for the Assembly segment where polling will take place on September 13.
The vote count will take place on September 16.
The seat in Krishna district fell vacant due to the sudden demise of Tangirala Prabhakara Rao, who was elected from there on TDP ticket for the second time. He died on June 15 even before taking oath as a legislator.
Sowmya is the daughter of Prabhakara Rao.
Main Opposition YSR Congress has decided not to contest the bye-election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list