Four incidents of rape reported in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar/Hyderabad: Four rape incidents including that of a minor girl and a "mentally retarded" girl were reported in Andhra Pradesh, the police said on Wednesday.
Three rape incidents were reported in different parts of the state capital since Friday, while another incident occured in Karimnagar district, the police said.
An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her step father on Friday night at her home in Rajendranagar area here when the victim`s mother, had gone out for work, the police said.
The accused watchman, Feroze Khan, who allegedly assaulted the girl sexually is on the run, the police said.
After the girl revealed the incident to her mother, she lodged a complaint today morning at Rajendranagar police station, a police officer said.
The woman had married Feroze Khan, after divorcing her first husband and the girl was born out of her first marriage, the police said.
In another incident, a 22-year-old mentally disabled girl was sexually assaulted by her neighbour, one Nagaraju, who took her to his house and violated her late last night.
Another man Narasimha also attempted to outrage her modesty, but the victim`s family members rescued her, Alwal police said.
"A case has been registered and both Nagaraju and Narasimha, who were taken into custody," a police officer said.
In yet another incident, a 28-year-old woman, a daily labourer, was allegedly gangraped by three people on Saturday night, after one of them took her on a bike under the pretext of offering work.
He took to an open area near Balaji Nagar where the
trio took turns to rape her, an investigating officer attached to Kushaiguda police station said.
Yesterday, the woman lodged a complaint alleging that she was gangraped by three unknown people, who fled after commiting the offence, the police officer said, adding that the police has launched an investigation after registering a case.
Meanwhile, a report from Karimnagar said that a 50-year-old man was arrested today, for allegedly raping his daughter repeatedly for over a year.
According to police, one G Ailaiah was apprehended this morning when his 29-year-old daughter filed a complaint with the police today in Jammikunta, after she was sexually assaulted last night.
The victim, who is pursuing her studies, has been sent for medical examination and investigations are on, the police said, adding that a case has been registered against the accused.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 50,000 security personnel to guard last phase of West Bengal Assembly Election 2016
- As Donald Trump becomes presumptive nominee, China urges objectivity
- WATCH: On this day, destructive AB de Villiers smashed Dale Steyn for 23 runs in one over
- JD(U) member of Rajya Sabha raises issue of paucity of judges
- Xiaomi Mi 5, Redmi Note 3 open sale gets over in minutes; next sale on May 11