Four killed in road accident in Andhra
Hyderabad: At least four persons were killed and 20 others injured when the lorry they were travelling in overturned in the posh Banjara Hills locality here in the early hours Tuesday.
The incident occurred at around 2.30 am when the driver of the vegetable-laden lorry lost control while taking a turn near GVK Mall resulting in the death of two persons on the spot.
Two among the injured succumbed to their injuries while undergoing treatment at a hospital, police said.
The remaining were undergoing treatment at different hospitals in the city.
Police said as many as 24 persons comprising farmers and labourers were travelling in the overloaded lorry coming from neighbouring Rangareddy district.
The deceased have not been identified yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor