Four killed in road accident in Andhra
Hyderabad: At least four persons were killed and 20 others injured when the lorry they were travelling in overturned in the posh Banjara Hills locality here in the early hours Tuesday.
The incident occurred at around 2.30 am when the driver of the vegetable-laden lorry lost control while taking a turn near GVK Mall resulting in the death of two persons on the spot.
Two among the injured succumbed to their injuries while undergoing treatment at a hospital, police said.
The remaining were undergoing treatment at different hospitals in the city.
Police said as many as 24 persons comprising farmers and labourers were travelling in the overloaded lorry coming from neighbouring Rangareddy district.
The deceased have not been identified yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users