Four killed in road accident in Andhra
Hyderabad: At least four persons were killed and 20 others injured when the lorry they were travelling in overturned in the posh Banjara Hills locality here in the early hours Tuesday.
The incident occurred at around 2.30 am when the driver of the vegetable-laden lorry lost control while taking a turn near GVK Mall resulting in the death of two persons on the spot.
Two among the injured succumbed to their injuries while undergoing treatment at a hospital, police said.
The remaining were undergoing treatment at different hospitals in the city.
Police said as many as 24 persons comprising farmers and labourers were travelling in the overloaded lorry coming from neighbouring Rangareddy district.
The deceased have not been identified yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'