Four Naxals held for murdering former comrade in AP
Karimnagar: Four CPI (Maoist) cadres, who had shunned arms to join mainstream, were arrested from Sircilla in the district on Monday for allegedly murdering their former comrade turned Congress leader last month, police said.
"Ch. Rajesh (30), G. Laxman (28), K. Mondaiah (28) and G. Mallesham (31), belonging to Janshakti Dalam, were apprehended on the charge of murdering Congress leader and former chairman of Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Society, Prabhakar Rao," Sircilla DSP Damera Narsaiah said, adding a revolver was recovered from the accused.
Rao, a former member of Janshakti Dalam, had joined Congress after laying down arms last year.
He was allegedly shot dead by the ultras on the outskirts of Suddala village last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured