Four Naxals held for murdering former comrade in AP
Karimnagar: Four CPI (Maoist) cadres, who had shunned arms to join mainstream, were arrested from Sircilla in the district on Monday for allegedly murdering their former comrade turned Congress leader last month, police said.
"Ch. Rajesh (30), G. Laxman (28), K. Mondaiah (28) and G. Mallesham (31), belonging to Janshakti Dalam, were apprehended on the charge of murdering Congress leader and former chairman of Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Society, Prabhakar Rao," Sircilla DSP Damera Narsaiah said, adding a revolver was recovered from the accused.
Rao, a former member of Janshakti Dalam, had joined Congress after laying down arms last year.
He was allegedly shot dead by the ultras on the outskirts of Suddala village last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore