Four Naxals held for murdering former comrade in AP
Karimnagar: Four CPI (Maoist) cadres, who had shunned arms to join mainstream, were arrested from Sircilla in the district on Monday for allegedly murdering their former comrade turned Congress leader last month, police said.
"Ch. Rajesh (30), G. Laxman (28), K. Mondaiah (28) and G. Mallesham (31), belonging to Janshakti Dalam, were apprehended on the charge of murdering Congress leader and former chairman of Primary Agricultural Cooperative Credit Society, Prabhakar Rao," Sircilla DSP Damera Narsaiah said, adding a revolver was recovered from the accused.
Rao, a former member of Janshakti Dalam, had joined Congress after laying down arms last year.
He was allegedly shot dead by the ultras on the outskirts of Suddala village last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY